We are open for sample drop-off and trained users.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Keep 6 ft away from other users.
- Respect posted signs.
- Use the sign-up calendars to reserve time on the microscopes, sputter coater and glow-discharger.
To use the HPF, negative staining bench or any other equipment please e-mail the core director. We can not accomodate drop-in visitors at this time.
Sample drop off:
- The Facility will be open Monday-Friday 9AM – 5:30 PM. Sample Drop-off will be 9AM-12PM.
- The SERVICE REQUEST FORM below must be filled out online each time you bring samples to the EM Facility:
- Clearly label your samples the same way as you labeled them in the service request form.
- When you arrive to drop off your samples follow signs and wait your turn in the hallway if someone is ahead of you. Leave your samples in the labeled area in the fume hood and exit using the other door.
Equipment and lab use:
- Sign-up for the Sputter coater: https://calendars.med.harvard.edu/em_leica_em_ace600
- Sign-up for the Glow-dicharger: https://calendars.med.harvard.edu/em_ems100x_glow_discharge_unit
- We ask all users to do negative staining preparations in their own lab whenever possible.
- We have one bench in the lab set up for negative staining, please e-mail us ahead of time to use it.
- No training of new users will be offered until further notice. Only limited troubleshooting will be available during imaging sessions.
- Each microscope will have a disinfection protocol posted in the room. Please adhere to proper disinfection protocols for all touch surfaces.
- Users will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Gloves and Hand sanitizer will be available at every microscope.
- Non-observance of safety and physical distancing rules must be reported to the facility director.
For more info visit HMS reopening page: https://hms.harvard.edu/coronavirus-updates/important-hms-lab-reopening-informationPublication Acknowledgment If research supported by the HMS EM Facility results in publication, please acknowledge this support by including the following in your publication(s): " Electron Microscopy Imaging, consultation and /or services were performed in the HMS Electron Microscopy Facility".